05 February 2011

Moffat to Talla & Megget Reservoirs Cycle

SAT 5 FEB 2011
47 miles 2657 feet


Route on Garmin

Fiest cycle of the year!! And a cracker too. Weather looked best down Moffat way, so I set off for the classic loop from Moffat up past the Devil's Beeftub, through to the Talla and Megget Reservoirs (via the 20% double arrow climb!!) to St Mary's Loch, then down lovely Moffatdale. Weather cool and dry, wind behind me for the first half then against me. Good to get hte cycling legs going again, but a bit of a wake-up call for the 67 mile Audax next week, never mind anything bigger later on.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a cracking run, John. Managed my own first cycle of the year also this week - a mere 16-mile to & from my Glasgow office as part of my knee recovery plan. Hope to catch up with you guys at a Westies Curry Night, soon !
    Cheers !
    Davy

    ReplyDelete