15 June 2008

Durisdeer Hill Race




SATURDAY 14 JUNE 2008
15KM 1240 METRES


Along with a few hundred other lucky souls I enjoyed a great day out in the hamlet of Durisdeer for the British/Scottish Championship Race. We were blessed with perfect weather in a lovely setting nestled in the rolling hills near Drumlanrig Castle. After a mad dash downhill for ten yards we all slogged up the long first hill with a couple of different route choices becoming apparent. I tracked Murdo for a bit until the crazy downhill to Dalveen. On the long runnable track that followed I laboured a bit, though the tremendous scenery eased the pain a bit. The descent down to the road crossing was great fun, and then there was the tedious slog up to Well Hill. However by then I started feeling good and managed to pull away from Murdo and close down a group ahead. From the summit I was feeling strong and enjoyed a good run over to Black Hill, where it was a great runnable descent down the up we had initially endured. I was chuffed to finish well under the 2 hour mark, a mere 30 mins behind winner Rob Jebb.

Results

No comments:

Post a Comment