14 October 2007

Manor Water Hill Race




Saturday 13 October 2007
10 miles 2200 feet


Results
Westies photos
Ian Nimmo's Photos


What more could a boy need - a hill race in the fab Scots countryside, Scotland winning at the football and even England winning at the rugby! Well, I could have done with feeling less than dead on the climb up to The Scrape.Never mind, as soon as we turned at the top and out of the headwind I perked up and sped away from that young scoundrel Triger, and tried to regain some of the many places I had lost on the dreadful climb. With Simon pushing me on and trying to catch Keith Burns ahead I really enjoyed the descent, though not enough to get anywhere near Ellie who was far far away. Even further away were David and Chris pushing each other on to the giddy heights of 3rd and 4th place. A great wee race, combined with the local sheepdog trials. Every runner got a free bottle of Greenmantle Ale courtesy of Broughton Ales and David even won a bottle of Port in the raffle. I eventually finished 43rd of 77 runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment