13 May 2007

Dumyat Hill Race


9 May 2007

A stinking cold during the day had convinced me I was only going to be a spectator at this brilliant wee race up one of the Ochil's finest hills, but fortunately the cold disappeared in time for me to join about 20 Westies on the line. I had a good steady start and climbed well, passing Don and Scott and turning just ahead of them, followed closely by Tom, Rob and Val. The descent is great, just steep enough and technical enough to be fun and exhilarating, and I haired off knowing that Don and Scott would surely catch me up as they did about half way down. I couldn't hang on to them, but managed to descend reasonably well to finish a shade over 43min, in approx 67th place of 170 runners. My slowest time yet in 11 races, but it still felt as competitive and as much fun as any of the rest. Manny had come down from up'north and was 1st Westie home. Ian Donnan broke the course record up front as did Angela Mudge. Behind me were Tom, Rob, Val (1st F40), Hamilton, Murdo, Richard, Helen (1st F50) and many others. A great turnout for this classic Wed evening blowout.
67th/263 finishers

Results here

No comments:

Post a Comment